Monday, February 19, 2018

Digital Multimedia Week 6 2/12 - 2/18

I finished assembling project one.  It was not how I initially intended but I think I did a good job with it and the design looks interesting in my opinion.


Project 2 Ideas

Project 2 Ideas

I currently have 2 ideas:

1. I find a model of my car, scan myself, but I have not figured out what the third item will be

2. I find a model of a golfer, I scan a golf ball on a tee, and 2 blocks to use as tee markers on a tee box


That's currently all I have but I will update this post when I get more ideas.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Digital Multimedia Week 5 2/5 - 2/11

I began to put my design for Project 1 together and realized that it is not going to turn out the way I want it to.  As I was putting it together, I thought of other ways and designs I could have done that would have been much easier to do.

Monday, February 5, 2018

Reaction to "An Essay on the New Aesthetic" by Bruce Sterling

From what I got from the article, is that the New Aesthetic is a modern era of artists that uses technology and digital forms of art to illustrate the world in a different way. In a way that either they might see it or to even shed light on a subject like no one's ever seen before. In the article the New Aesthetic are primarily British. To some degree I agree with Sterling in the fact that they, the New Aesthetics, are trying to make something that already exists theirs instead of creating something new for themselves.

Digital Multimedia Week 4 1/29-2/4

Throughout the week I made tweaks and resizing of my project one so all the pieces would fit together perfectly

Monday, January 29, 2018

Digital Multimedia Week 3 1/22-1/28

Thursday 1/25 I finish my Drawing for the vinyl cutout.

Saturday 1/27 I redo my drawing for the vinyl cutout and finish that. I then proceeded to work more on project 1.

Attached is the original followed by the final.



Monday, January 22, 2018

Digital Multimedia Week 2 1/15-1/21

Wednesday 1/17: In class I found out how long my drawing was going to take, 2:49:00 or 169 minutes.  I was really surprised to see it only take that long. Truth be told, I was expecting the ring to take at least 8 hours.

Friday 1/19: At 13:00 I showed up to start my drawing.  When we ran the preprocess it had changed to 2:53:00.  I am not real sure why it gained 4 minutes when it was the same file that was preprocessed on Wednesday.  My drawing was success, although I decided to stop it early (2:20:00) because I had realized that the last line was being redrawn several times. It was drawn so much that the line was practically black even though we were using a green maker.  Also after stopping, upon further inspecting the marker, we realized the felt tip that you normally use to write with has broken off, so that could be partly why the last line was so dark. I do not know why it was drawing the last line so many times, as far as I know, there was only one layer and one pattern/design.